What Driver’s License do I need to rent a vehicle?
- Any vehicle that holds more than 12 people requires an LR license
- Any vehicle larger than a 3 tonne truck requires an MR license
- Any vehicle that holds more than 21 people requires an MR license
- Any vehicle that is a 8 tonne truck or larger requires a HR license
How old do I have to be to rent a vehicle?
- All renters must be aged at 21+ years for standard vehicles, at the commencement of the rental.
Is there an additional charge if there will be more than one driver?
- No, there are no additional driver charges. All drivers must be present at the rental counter at the time of collection, we’ll then enter your details to the rental.
Once I have made a booking, can I change the details of my booking?
- You can modify your booking prior to the collection date. You can alter your dates, times, vehicle type and additional extras prior to collecting your car. If possible, please ensure that your changes are at least 12 hours prior to your vehicle collection. Please note that if you have already collected your vehicle and want to make a change, its best to contact the collection location. Just refer to your contact details provided on your Rental Agreement.
How do I book online?
- Select the Type of Vehicle you are after
- Search for the Getacar rental location from where you would like to pick up and return your vehicle.
- Select the dates and time of your rental
- Select your vehicle of choice and click on ‘Book Now.
- Select any additional extras, such as child seats, liability reduction, Mobile GPS unit that you would like to add to your booking
To complete your booking you just need to provide us with your personal details (in some cases payment details are also required) and then confirm your booking.
Please Click on Quote & Book to make a booking.
Can I book more than one vehicle at a time?
How will I know if my booking is confirmed?
Can I cancel my booking free of charge?
Getacar Rentals will require a deposit of $500 for passenger vehicles, 4WD, Speciality or Commercial vehicles, upon collection of the vehicle to cover additional charges i.e. fuel, additional kilometres, and liability waiver.
This deposit is to be paid by any internationally recognised credit card. CASH DEPOSIT WILL BE ACCEPTED. The deposit, will be taken on pick up of the vehicle.
Credit card must be in the name of the authorised renter and the credit card holder must be present at the time of collection.
Can I drive my vehicle off road?
Dusk to Dawn: any damage sustained to the rented vehicle as a result of a collision with an animal between the hours of dusk and dawn will not be covered by Getacar Rentals damage liabilities. All damages and recovery costs will be the responsibility of the hirer.
On all rental vehicles damage to overhead, under body or damage caused by water is not covered by any damage liabilities i.e. it is at the hire’s own expense.
In Broome no vehicles are allowed to travel on any beaches.
Permits Collision Damage Cover is not valid in the event of unauthorised entry into aboriginal land or breach of permit regulations. ## Snow Cover (June – Oct) All 4WD and All wheel drive vehicles taken above the snow line must purchase Snowpak Cover, which is $22 per day inc GST. This is in addition the standard liability reduction available. No other vehicle is permitted above the snow line.
If I lock my keys in the vehicle am I covered by Road Side Assistance?
Do I need to check the condition of the vehicle prior to leaving the keys at the counter?
Can you guarantee the make and model of the vehicle I prefer?
Can you guarantee a specific colour?
Can I book a Truck on your web site?
I’m moving, can I rent moving equipment?
Can anyone other than myself drive the car?
Can I extend the rental duration?
Does Getacar Rentals offer one-way rentals?
Can I Rent a Baby or Child Seat?
What if I have an accident?
- Call the Getacar Rentals Roadside Assistance number 1800 13 14 28,if necessary; immediately contact the police in case of third party liability and the emergency services in case anyone is injured
- Do not leave the vehicle without making sure it is safe.
- Write down names and addresses of all people involved and any witnesses never admit liability.
- All vehicle repairs must be conducted with the formal approval of your nearest Getacar Rentals Office.
What if I break down or need help on the road?
- Getacar Rentals provides free 24 hour Roadside Assistance in case of emergency, breakdown or accident involving your Getacar rental vehicle. Just call 1800 13 14 28
Do you offer any long term rental discounts?
- Yes we do. Our web site will vary in price depending on the length of rental. In simple terms the longer you rent the vehicle the cheaper the price. If your looking for a long term rental in excess of 30 days, please call our office on (02) 9540 5066 and they’ll be able to give you a long term rental price.
- Renter’s current responsibility
- From the time you collect your vehicle you and your nominated driver (as per rental agreement), are financially responsible for any loss of damage to the vehicle. This includes damage caused outside of your control including hailstorms.
Is Damage Cover included in the rate quoted?
- Your rental fee will include our Standard Cover which includes your Third Party Cover (CTP). Your vehicle comes with a standard Damage Recovery Fee (Premium Location Suracharge and Administration Fee may also apply). It’s important to note that Single Vehicle Accident (SVA) fees may also apply.
What is a Single Vehicle Accident?
- A Single Vehicle Accident (SVA) means an incident in which: (a) no other motor vehicle is involved (e.g. rollovers, collisions with animals, trees, pedestrians etc) (b) another motor vehicle is involved but: – (i) that other motor vehicle or its driver has not been identified to us; or (ii) at the time of the incident the other vehicle was stationary, parked or driving in reverse
- The Single Vehicle Accident fee applies (Australia wide, not including Northern Territory) in addition to the Damage Recovery Fee in the case of an accident.
- A higher Single Vehicle Accident Liability Fee applies to Northern Territory rentals.
Can I reduce my liability?
- Getacar Rentals offers customers two protection options, Ultimate Protection (pkg) for commercial vehicles and collision damage waiver (cdw). (*Conditions and exclusions apply. See full terms and conditions for details.
Why do rates change so often?
- Vehicle rental pricing, is just like airline pricing. If you purchase in peak periods, you’ll be paying higher prices. Pricing can also vary from location to location, as it may vary depending on where & what you want to rent. If you’re thinking Getacar Rentals, it’s best to book in advance. That way you’ll get the cheapest rate possible for your rental. Don’t forget to check out our specials, you’ll find some great offers in there for you.
What’s the cost of a rental?
- Our car rental charges are calculated in periods of 24 hours. We do offer you a grace period of 59 minutes, without additional charges being applied.
- However, if you were to return your vehicle after 28 hours, you would be charged for 2 days. Refer to table for additional hire calculation. FROM TO CHARGE 0 Mins 59 Mins Grace Period 1 Hour 1 Hour 59 Mins 1/3 Of Daily Rental 2 Hours 2 Hour 59 Mins 2/3 Of Daily Rental 3 Hours + Full Daily Rate A full breakdown of charges is provided with your quote, so please Click Here to obtain a Quote and complete a Booking
Are there any additional charges to the rental?
- Any additional charges such as Young Driver surcharge, Vehicle Registration Recovery Fee, Administration Fees and optional extras are all included in your Quote at the time of booking. Other extras such as refuelling or our Pre-paid Fuel service may be applicable at the completion of your rental.
- A surcharge of 5.0% will apply when paying by American express credit card.The 5.0% is calculated on the amount debited on your credit card. The owner of the credit card must be present at the time of vehicle collection. Cash payment is an accepted payment type, however a security deposit will be required. Please ask our friendly counter staff for further information.
Are my credit card details secure, when booking online?
- The online booking process is located on a secure server that guarantees the safety of a transaction. The system uses encrypting technology to ensure that all communication between your computer and our server cannot be intercepted.
Can I use a credit card up front and then pay for the rental with cash later?
- Yes you can. We hold an estimate of the rental charges against your credit at the time of collection. Upon returning the vehicle, you’ll be asked if you want to proceed with the charges against that credit card or if you want to change your payment method. It’s important to note that if you decide to pay by cash, it may still take up to 4 days for the bank to reverse its hold of your funds on your credit card.
What credit card can I use?
- You can use all the major credit cards and debit cards, providing they have the Visa/MasterCard emblem/logo on them. It is important to note that the credit card holder must be present at the time of collection.
- (Please note: Debit cards are not accepted at all locations)
Can I check rates online without making a booking?
- Yes, you can use the Getacar Rentals website to check rates. All prices quoted on the Getacar Rentals Web site are guaranteed. Please Click Here to obtain a Quote and complete a Booking.
What is the minimum rental period?
- The minimum rental period is 4 hours on some commercial vehicles otherwise 24 hours.
What refuelling options do I have?
- Option One: If you don’t have time to stop for petrol and won’t be using a full tank, let us fill it up for you. You’ll be charged the location re-fuelling rate at the time of returning your vehicle, so please ask your counter staff upon collection.
- Option Two: Make sure you go to a petrol station before returning your vehicle and bring it back full. This will avoid any additional re-fuelling charges
Can I return the vehicle outside the location operating hours?
- Yes, you may return your vehicle when the Getacar Rentals location is closed, to an alternative location. The vehicle will remain your responsibility until it has been checked by a Getacar Rentals Representative.
What happens if I return the vehicle late?
- If the vehicle is returned up to 4 hours late a third of the rental will be charged. If it is returned greater than 4 hours late a full days rental is applied
Can I return the vehicle to a different location?
- If you wish to return the car to a different rental location, please check the rate and feasibility during the reservation process. Getacar Rentals operates a National network in order to allow flexible traveling, however in non-participating locations you’ll be required to pay a higher price.